Countdown to cruising: 5 days to go
It’s 12:30 am and we are about to drop into bed. But first, a few things we’ve learned today:
- when you are too exhausted to cook, you can bake a store-bought pizza in a tiny boat oven provided it’s cut in half
- just because you give Visio drawing of mast tangs you need made to a local metal shop doesn’t mean that they are actually going to make your parts to match said drawings
- don’t go to Costco on payday Friday
- when word gets out that you are getting rid of loads of junk as it can’t all possibly fit on your boat, your neighbors will start hanging around chit chatting a lot more (“Hey, you taking that with you?”)
- but we don’t mind, giving away free stuff is just as fun as ever.